January 25, 2010

Harlan's 1st Haircut

Yup at the ripe old age of 15 and 1/2 weeks he needed a haircut! No not because it was too long or getting into his eyes. This was purely a cosmetic haircut. See Harlan was born with a full head of hair. He was my first baby ever to have ANY hair. The older 3 kids were bald until well over a year old. I was thrilled to FINALLY have a baby with hair. And then.... it all started to fall out. Not only did he rub some of it out on the back of his head but the top of it fell out too. But it did not fall out evenly. It fell out in stripes on top leaving a Mohawk. And he had the "newborn bald spot" on the back of his head from always being placed on his back to sleep, rubbing his head on the car seat, swing etc. So what was left was a "comb over" on top and a "ring" above his collar. It looked horrible! Here are a few pictures:

The comb over The ring above his collar and "bald spot"

The Mohawk in the front

So I cut it! He did just fine with the clippers. He did not even cry and that way I wouldn't cut him if he moved the way I might with scissors. The clippers has a guard that prevents cutting the skin. The kids took pictures of his haircut!




The small amount of hair that I cut off. I kept a lock of it for the baby book!
Doesn't this look better?!?!?!



He is the cutest baby ever with his new hairdo!

No comments: