March 27, 2008

The newest members of our family

So about a week ago Kaleb was watching Noggin on TV. I love Noggin because it is a kids channel that only shows educational, non violent and moral cartoons and shows. He happened to be watching "Little Bill". It is a show about an African American family that Bill Cosby created. Anyway the little 5 year old boy named Little Bill has a pet. A pet hamster named Elephant. After watching the episode Kaleb asks me if he can call Daddy. (they often do this when Tim is out of town working). I said yes and dialed the phone. Tim answered and Kaleb said "Daddy, I want a hamster. Can I have one?" I am not exactly sure what Tim said but Kaleb handed the phone back to me and Tim said we would talk about it when he got home.
When Tim got home he said we should do it. I thought OK, we will get a (A, meaning singular,uno, one, ). So we make the trip to the pet store with 4 kids in tow. And I am sure you can imagine how it went......
Introducing our newest family members.....
Lady, Elephant and Prince


The grey one is Future's and he named his Prince. The 2 Black & White ones are Jasmyn & Kaleb's. Jasmyn named hers Lady and Kaleb named his Elephant. I can tell Lady & Elephant apart because Elephant has a Robert DeNiro "mole" on his face.
This one is Lady

So if anyone out there has had hamsters and has some tips for keeping them alive, happy and healthy, please let us know!

1 comment:

alane said...

I found your blog from Baby Joshua's, and just had to smile at this post...I guess you can just hope all the hamsters are the same sex! When I was little and asked my mom for pet mice, we ended up with a litter of seven tiny babies!