March 10, 2010

Basement Bedroom part 1

As I mentioned before we are doing some room reconstruction to create a bedroom for our boys. Here are a few pictures of the "before" and also the "after" the window was installed. We still have lots of work to do, but hopefully within a few months the kids will be moving into their new room!

Here is the view standing in the doorway facing the window. As you can see the window is small and not up to code for a bedroom window. All of Tim's tools are still out as we are still in the midst of the project.


This picture is taken from the other angle. My back is to the window and I am facing the doors. The left door leads out into the playroom and then to the upstairs. The right door is a door into a storage room that currently holds Tim's tools and our camping gear! Eventually those things will be in a shed outside, but the shed is not in the budget till next spring!


This picture is taken from the same place but just captures the opposite wall. The hole on the right wall houses our Water Main. Tim is going to have to construct a locking cabinet to keep the kids from messing with it.

This is the outside of the house. The guy in the hole is setting up his cutter to make the hole in the concrete to place the window.
Here is the view from the outside after the window is set. They still need to do the frame on the outside and set the window well in place. This work is done now, but I have to still take pictures of it. By the time they finished it was dusk and my pictures would not have turned out. So I will take some more tomorrow.
Here is the window from the inside. Tim is going to do all the trim work inside. The window adds so much light to the room. It is really gonna look awesome once it is all done!

And this last picture I took with my cell phone so please excuse the quality! But here is the window in the room! And you can see how big the window is in comparison to the kids!

More pictures to follow as the work gets completed! Wish us luck and that we can get it done quickly! I am anxious to have this room finished so the rest of my house can get back to normal. We had to empty that room of everything to do the work so the "everything" that was in that room is now "everywhere" in the rest of my house! I hate clutter and disorder. So this project may very well be my undoing!

No comments: