April 16, 2009

Jen's Pregnancy Update 3

I got my blood test results back and my thyroid levels are just fine. So I will continue with my current dosage of medications. My iron levels are fine as well. They have even improved slightly since the last time we tested at 5 weeks. Linda my Midwife said as long as I continue to eat high iron foods I should be OK without an iron supplement. We will retest my iron level in the 3rd trimester and see how I am doing. If there is any drops in my levels I will have to go on an iron supplement at that point. I think that blood draw will be done at 28 weeks. I am currently 15weeks 4 days pregnant.

I will be doing some more research on what high iron foods I can add or eat more of into my diet. If I can't get the recommended 30mg per day I will consider taking a supplement anyway. If anyone has suggestions for increasing my iron levels, please feel free to drop me a comment or email!

No comments: