April 11, 2009

Pregnancy Dreams

I just woke up a little bit ago and I remember this dream. I have had other strange or vivid pregnancy dreams, but none that I remember with such detail. So I thought I would write this dream down before I forget it as well. I don't know what it means but there are several points that are very relevant to feelings and emotions I have outside my dream life. It is a sweet dream and probably one I would include in the baby's book. So I am glad I recorded it, as I know that I would probably forget the details by tonight! LOL! Hope you enjoy!

******************************************
So I was in labor. But I was not afraid. My Midwife was here and Tim. Plus a whole bunch of other family members. I remember seeing my Mom, Aunt Terrie, my brother, my kids, and a whole bunch of other faces that I can't place right now.

I was feeling pressure and thought I needed to go to the bathroom. Tim helped me to the bathroom. The lights were off and I felt calm and safe. I went potty and then I felt a head come out of my vagina. I leaned back to help guide the baby out. Tim is looking at me like a deer in the headlights. I calmly say, "Go get the midwife". He doesn't move. Instead he helps guide the baby all the way out and up into my arms. I say again in a louder voice, "Go GET THE MIDWIFE". He leaves the room. I grab a towel that was hanging next to me and wipe the baby's face. Baby starts to nuzzle into my neck and cry. I turn the baby over and feel between his legs. It's a boy. I feel a moment of disappointment as I really wanted a girl. The disappointment fades quickly and I feel an overwhelming love and bond to my son. Tim and the Midwife come back into the room. Midwife checks both if us and we are fine. He is a big baby. Over 9 pounds. The cord is still attached. I won't let anyone else hold him because the cord is still attached to me. We start calling him the name we have chosen. Everyone says he looks like a Churchill. He opens his mouth and he has 6-8 teeth that are partially through his gums. My family that is there is filling the room with love and good energy.
*************************************************


In my dream we called the baby by his name we have chosen. At this point I will not share the actual name as it is not set in stone yet that the name will still be chosen in October. And we generally don't share our final name selection until the child is born. I think Mason has been the only exception to this rule. But the main reason I bring this up is to say the name is to honor my side of our family.

No comments: