July 28, 2009

Pregnancy Update 10

Today was a busy day. I had a Physical Therapy appointment as well as a midwife appointment. I started PT last week. I have been having some pelvis pain. Mostly in my pubic bone and my sacrum. The PT has been working fairly well. The adjustments seem to help to loosen the muscles and help relieve pain. My favorite part is the muscle tissue massage they do. It is basically a 20 minute massage on my lower back. Awwwww Heavenly! I will be going once a week for probably the next month or so. The PT lady also gave me some exercises to do to help stretch the muscles and strengthen my hip.

Also today was my MW appointment. I am 30weeks 2 days pregnant. I have lost 5 pounds since my appointment 2 weeks ago. But the baby is growing as he should be, so I am Ok with *me* losing weight! LOL! My urine was negative for glucose and protein. My Blood pressure was awesome at 112/54. Our little man was very active today and his heartrate was all over the place! His heartrate started in the 170s and finally settled down into the 140's. Linda my MW also measured my fundus height at 33 cm. That is up 2 cm since my appt 2 weeks ago, which is right where it should be. Baby is also head down! Woot!

I also had some blood work done last appointment. My thyroid panel cam back a bit high so my Endocrinologist increased my thyroid meds up to 150mcg/day. My Rh antibodies screen was negative. My iron level was 11.1. Now my Endocrinologist says this is too low and that I am anemic. My MW says that at my 5 weeks check it was 11.5, and at 18 weeks it was 11.9. So 11.1 seems to be OK. It really hasn't changed very much since I first got pregnant. She said to just focus on eating foods high in iron. Red meat obviously being the best way to get iron. I have no problem eating steak! LOL! I may also start taking an iron supplement as well.

Linda also finally has an answer as to what is gonna happen to the MW service during the month of September. Linda is getting married and will be taking the whole month off. Her partner Beth will be doing all the on call births and some of the clinc days. They found another midwife named Margaret that will be covering the on call births 2 days of the wedding (Sept 6&7) and then covering clinic days for most of the month. I may or may not even see Margaret, so the change in call schedule is not really gonna effect me. I know Beth fairly well and am comfortable having her attend my birth if I go into labor in Septemeber. But knowing me.... I will go late and not birth until October. I would really like to birth October 10th or 11th! Those are Tim's days off and about 6 days after my due date. Seems about right! LOL! So for any of you who believe in visualizing what you want to have happen.... focus on 10/10/09 for me to birth!

We also took some updated belly pictures. We got creative with some B & W ones. These are my 30 week pictures. Youcan see the comparision pictures on the right side bar. --------->>>

Kids hands and mine


Tim & I hugging our baby



All of us loving on our baby!

30 week close up

30 week picture
Hope you enjoyed reading this pregnancy update!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your belly pictures!! Congratulations. I loved taking pics of my big tummy as weel when I was pregnant. Two weeks ago I made a poster about my belly story in my little boy room with, i think it's a great memory. Have you thought about names? I took ages to choose mine (Marlow) and after several research online I vote http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ as the best venue. I'm looking forward to reading you next post. xx