July 17, 2008

I need a BREAK!!!!!

Yikes.... I am trying to remember the last time I was totally kid free...........ummm Nope not then I took J with me............ahhhhh.........nope not them either, M was with me.............Oh I got it.....Tim's birthday we went to dinner and a movie alone. Yup that was the last time. That was July 2nd. Today is the 17th. I have had 15 consecutive days of kids kids kids.

Granted we have been keeping busy. We go swimming, to the park, to the splash pad, we take bike rides and go for walks, we play in our backyard, we see friends and have playdates, we have celebrated 2 birthdays and are planning 2 more. We also have mornings were I take the kids downstairs and do "preschool" with them where we read stories, work on worksheets, and do crafts. In addition to going to the library and doing the summer reading program. But NONE of that is for ME. It is for our family and it is good for me as far as the exercise and it does instill in the kids the need for lifetime habit of exercise. But it feels more like our summer is programmed and scheduled to the hilt.

I would love a day of beauty at the spa. Or a night out with Tim. I would love a girls night out with no curfew! Heck I would even like to read a book that doesn't rhyme!

My birthday is coming up on the Tuesday the 22nd. Tim has to work that day. My Mom told me she is busy that day as well. So it looks like it is just me and my kids for my birthday. *sigh* Maybe I will find a babysitter and round up some friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so know what u mean I did get a job I start Monday :) I get away from the kids lol!!! Anyways sorry I have to work Tuesday or I would be there to watch the kids :(. I hope ya get a few hour to do "me" things. I understand. Will see you next Saturday