May 20, 2009

Pregnancy update 5

I had my midwife appointment today! I am 20w3d pregnant as of today! I have lost 5 pounds since my last appointment. That puts me at 7 pounds of weight lost since the beginning of my pregnancy. My blood pressure was good at 120/70. My urine was negative for protein and glucose! We listened to the baby's heart beat and it was in the 150's beats per minute. She measured where the top of my fundus is and it is right at my belly button. This is exactly on track for growth at 20 weeks. At the next appointment she will actually start measuring my fundus from the top of my pelvic bone to the top of my fundus with a measuring tape to gauge baby's growth.

I have been feeling the baby move fairly regularly for the past few weeks. I think I started to feel small movements around 16 weeks but still could not confirm movements of baby compared to regular stomach movements like gas! LOL! But now in retrospect I am sure that all those little movements where the baby!

We also drew some blood for a thyroid panel. I should have the results in a few days. If needed my Endocrinologist will adjust my thyroid medications within the next few days as well once he reviews the blood test results.

My ultrasound is scheduled for June 5th. At that point we will find out about the placenta and if it has moved away from my cervix.

I will update more as soon as I know! Love to all and thanks for taking an interest and reading about our growing baby!

No comments: