September 14, 2009

Pregnancy update 13

Well I am officially "full term". Basically I have made it to the point where baby is 100% viable if born at this point! If I went into labor I could have my home birth and everything would go smoothly in terms of lung development and such! Yippie!

Last week my MW came to do a homevisit. She wanted to familiarize herself with how to get to my house, how my house is laid out and where my birth supplies are. She also did a prenatal check up on me and baby! This was also an opportunity for our whole birth team to meet the Midiwfe. Beth is most likely gonna be at my birth since the other MW Linda is on her honeymoon and has to have surgery the first week of October. Sara and Tim had never met Beth before so it was good to have everyone met and start creating a bond. It was very exciting!

The nitty gritty of the appointment was my urine was negative for both protein and glucose. My blood pressure was good. I think it was like 112/60 or something but I did not write down the actual numbers. My fundus is measuring at 39 cm which is right on track since my last appointment in terms of baby's growth. We listened to the baby's heart rate and actually got video of the heart beat again. His heart rate was in the 140's. Baby is still head down!

I also got tested for Group B Strep. I will not find out the results from that test until sometime next week. Since I tend to deliver quickly we came up with some alternate plans for making sure our risk is reduced if the test comes back positive for Group B strep. It is unlikely that the MW would be able to administer the IV antibiotics in time for them to be effective, simply because the antibiotics take 4 hrs to take effect and my last birth was only 3 hrs. So we discussed our options for that. Hopefully I won't have to deal with it at all. I am hoping the test comes back negative!

We are now at the point where I see the MW every week! (eek! it is getting close) So my next appointment is tomorrow the 15th. I am still thinking I will go another 3-4 weeks until I actually birth, but up until then I will be seeing the MW every week.

I also noticed that I have not put up a recent belly picture in a while so on the right >>>>>> side bar there are pictures of my every growing belly at 36 and 37 weeks! Enjoy!

Also coming soon are some pictures of a recent trip Sara and I took up to the river. It was very fun! I will be working on the pictures and getting them posted in the next few days!

No comments: