September 24, 2009

Ugh! Yup I am STILL pregnant!

This should come as no surprise to anyone especially me. I cook my babies like a crock pot: slow and steady and slightly overdone. But oh how I wish I had a little Microwave in me at this point. LOL!

My days seem to be all running together. I get up in the morning and feed kids breakfast, make Kaleb's lunch, do Jasmyn's hair. I take the kids to school. Then Mason and I come home or maybe run some errands, but even the errands are few and far between because there just isn't much going on at this point. Mason has been watching and re-watching the cartoon movie "Bolt" every morning while we wait for Jasmyn to be done at Kindergarten. At 11:40am we pick Jasmyn up and then head home again. We wake Tim up when we get home and then we all eat lunch/breakfast together. I usually cook. Ugh. I am so tired of cooking and eating and cooking and eating. Then Jasmyn and Mason hang out with Tim while I lay down for a rest. My body is just tired these days. Eventually Tim picks Kaleb up from school and then he gets ready for work. Tim is usually out the door by late afternoon and I am on my own with the kids, internet, dinner, dishes and bedtime.

Before bedtime I have this routine where I pick up the whole house. The kids pick up the toys, put away dirty clothes, unload the dishwasher, take a bath, get into PJs and we do bedtime routine. After they are in bed I finish cleaning the house. Everything has a place and everything in its place. Because I do this routine every single day it takes oh about 20 minutes. But I just know I can't relax until it is all done. And my desire to have a stress free labor and birth at home inspires me to keep my house looking like a museum.

See my kitchen has to be clean so that if I go into labor that I can rearrange the kitchen table to put the birth pool in place. The kitchen sink needs to be clean so that we can hook up the hose to fill the tub. The table has to be clean so the midwife has somewhere to set up her supplies. The living room has to be clean so I have a place to lay down if I decide to labor out of water. The futon has to be laid down so I can cover it with water proof sheets to prepare for the possibility of the birth happening there. The bathroom has to be clean so it can be used during labor and afterwards. My room has to be clean so that I can relax in there and rest after the baby is born. And anyone that has been in my house knows the only other rooms upstairs are the kids rooms and they have to be clean because that is just the kind of Mother I am!

But if I am honest with myself and really think about when I actually need to start with this ritual of cleaning I would realize I could put it off for oh.... like...... another 10-15 days! I know I won't be pregnant forever... but at this point I would love to zap this baby OUT OF MY BODY!

And why do MW and OBs give women due dates? They don't know when you are gonna birth. More often than not they are WRONG with their "due dates" anyway. In fact my MW and I currently don't agree on my due date. She says 10/6 and I say 10/4. But since I was actually there for the conception I am sticking with my "due date". But really what does THAT mean anyway? Not even the experts can agree on how to calculate a due date. Some say it is 280 days from your LMP (last menstrual period). Some say you take your LMP, then subtract 3 months and add 15 days.

So by first method..... 280 days from my LMP which is Dec 28, 2008 would put my due date at 10/4.

By the second method I would take Dec 28 and subtract 3 months which would be Sept 28th. Then add 15 days to Sept 28th which puts my due date at 10/13.

A variation is that you take the LMP and subtract 3 months and then add 10 days if the women has had previous births. Since I have had previous births, that would put my due date at 10/8.

So my theory is that if I go by my LMP + 280 and then average how far overdue I went with each of my previous babies I would come up with a "due date". So with Kaleb I went 11 days overdue. Jasmyn a mere 3 days over. And Mason was a whopping 6 days over. So that is the average of 6.66 days over due. If you add that to my 10/4 due date that puts my AVERAGE due date at 10/10.

This puts a range of "due date" from 10/4 all the way up to 10/13. Then you add in the stress and pressure of NOT going over the MW's 42 week mark which according to them would be 10/20.

So really I have a due MONTH not a due date. Anywhere from 10/4 to 10/20. That ladies and gentlemen is a LONG spread of dates. As of today... I could be pregnant for another 3.5 weeks.

And I can't even drink any wine to help me pass the time.

No comments: