September 22, 2009

Mud Goddess

This pregnancy seems to be coming back full circle to Sara and I's day in the woods that happened over a year ago. Here is the link to read about what all that included. A few weeks ago Sara and I traveled back up the river where we orginally did our fertility ritual to revisit the beautiful scenery and also to collect river stones to remind me of the river during my birthing time. Sara has also written a birth meditation journey that included elements of this special spot on the river. You can read her journey here.

We started out by making mud. We gathered dirt from the side of the bank next to the river. We added some of the mud we made at the original ritual to our jar and then we added river water to make mud. We stirred it with a tree branch until the right consistency was achieved. Then Sara spread the mud on my belly.





My view from above

Then Sara took the stones we had gathered from the original ritual and started to draw the Mud Goddess on my belly. She had wild beautiful hair.

And large full breasts that are able to nourish her child.


And a big pregnant belly full of baby

The star with the swirl represents our baby. This image originally appears in the birth Mandala created for me by my Aunt Kathy. I will post pictures of that belly painting in another blog post.

See the river behind my belly? So beautiful!

The full view of our Mud Goddess

View of the beautiful scenery beyond my belly.
It was an awesome experience and was shared with my dear friend Sara. She has been such a huge support to me during the course of my infertility and also this pregnancy. I love you Sara and thank you for all you have done to help me heal and to celebrate the new life growing inside me.

No comments: