February 27, 2009

Exhaustion

I wish there was a better description of what I am feeling than just: exhausted. I have never felt this tired before in my life. I do not remember during any other pregnancy being this tired. Even when I was a brand new Mom and doing 2-3 nighttime feedings do I ever remember being THIS tired.

I am currently in my 8th week of pregnancy. This is of course just the beginning. And all the books say and my memory says that it will get better. Sometime in the second trimester I will regain my energy. Boy I hope so. My house can't take this for much longer. We are in "survival mode" here at my house. The toys get picked up once a day, food gets cooked for 3 meals but dished only get done once a day, laundry gets washed and dried but not folded or put away, we are living out of laundry baskets. The bathroom gets a touch up every few days but has not had a "deep clean" in a few weeks. I manage to keep the towels changed, the rug clean, the toilet and sink cleaned, but things like the mirror washed and the tub tiles scrubbed.... I am ashamed to say haven't been touched in a while. The only reason why the sheets have been changed regularly is because the kids keep puking or peeing in their beds! Yes it is a sad state of affairs.

Today for example I got up late. Kaleb thankfully had woken up a bit before me and was dressed already. I fed the kids breakfast and got Jasmyn & Mason dressed. I took Kaleb to school and then Jasmyn Mason and I ran errands until 10:45. I came home and woke Tim up so he could pick Kaleb up from school. That is our regular schedule for Tim to pick Kaleb up on Fridays. I made lunch while Tim was gone and everyone ate lunch when Tim & Kaleb got home. At this point I was exhausted from the mornings events. Much to Tim's annoyance I took a nap from 12:30 to 2:00. I got up and got ready for my Dr. Appt and left the house by 2:45. Dr appt lasted until 4:00. I stopped on my way home to get gas. I got home and Tim left for work. I took the kids to Walmart to buy diapers for Mason and we came home and ate dinner. So now it is almost 9pm and I feel like I have not slept in a week. This is despite the 7 hours of sleep I got last night and the 1.5 hr nap I took this afternoon.

And don't even get my started on how often I have to eat. I swear I eat every 2-3 hours. Not huge meals, just a balanced snack. But I still feel like all I do is sleep, eat, drink, pee, and then repeat.

I am off to bed now. I fear that if I keep typing that my thoughts will become even less coherent than they already are!

No comments: