February 10, 2009

Update on us!

It has been a rough few weeks. We have had 2 bouts of the stomach virus/flu bug. Ear, Sinus, and throat infections have effected most of us. So I will just start with youngest and go to oldest!

Mason: Well 2 weeks ago he had a cold. He was way sick. So I took him to the Dr. And we found he had double ear infections and a sinus infection. So he was put on antibiotics. About 4 days later Mason came down with the stomach bug. He was throwing up and just miserable. So the Nurse at his Peds office told me as long as he is vomiting to not give him his antibiotics. So 4 days later he is finally well in terms of his tummy, but his cold is still present. I called the Dr. and they wanted to recheck his ears. So we went in today and his ear infection is better but not gone, and his sinus were better but not all better. So he is back on antibiotics. Whew. Poor kid. One of these days he will NOT have diarrhea, right?

Jasmyn: She got the stomach flu both times it came into the house. She is such a trooper, she only threw up in her bed once! The rest of the times she made it to the bathroom or the puke bucket! This is a major accomplishment for a 4 year old! And one that makes my job so much easier! She did miss a few days of school, but seems to have caught up and is excited to be well and back at school with her classmates! She is looking forward to this Thursday at school. They are having a PJ party that involves a Teddy Bear Picnic! They get to wear their PJs and bring a Teddy Bear to have a picnic with! This is their version of a Valentine's Day celebration. We are both really looking forward to it!

Kaleb: Oh poor Kaleb. He got the stomach bug the first time through the house. And then he got the cold. So when I took Mason in the first time I also had them check out Kaleb. Well Kaleb's ears are so full of wax the Dr was unable to see the eardrums. He also has a tube that has come out of his eardrum, but has not been expelled from his ear canal. The little tube is stuck in a ball of wax stuck to the side of his ear canal. His ped Dr. was concerned that he had an ear infection behind the wax. So Tim, a Nurse, Dr. K and myself held Kaleb down while Dr. K scrapped the wax away from his eardrum. It took a long time. It was very traumatic, lots of screaming and crying, and tension. Finally they got enough of the wax away from the drum that they could say he did not have an ear infection. But Dr.K did refer us to the Ear Nose and Throat Dr to have them evaluate his ears. So today Tim took Kaleb to the ENT for his appointment. Poor Kaleb was so scared that they were going to hold him down again that he puked as soon as they got into the exam room. When Dr B. came in and checked his ears, heard the story about the last traumatic appointment and the puke at this appointment he decided that yes the ears needed to be cleaned. But that we would do it with Kaleb sedated. So Kaleb goes in on February 23rd to have his ears irrigated, and micro cleaned to removed the huge wax plugs and the ear tube. He will be asleep the whole time. He is still nervous, but is glad no one is gonna hold him down. I will have to chalk that experience up to a mistake I will not make again. It was definitely a moment that will be added to the list of "bad Mommy mistakes". LOL!

Tim: He is such a trooper. During these past two weeks he has worked a total of 113 hrs. In addition to his working all those hours, he has pitched in extra in the housework, cleaning, cooking, and helping with the kids. He has let me get extra rest as I was sick and needed it. Thankfully he has stayed healthy through all these sicknesses. I am so proud of him and he makes me fall in love with him all over again on a daily basis! Oh and he let me cut his hair! He was starting to resemble Grizzle Adams on a bad hair day!

Jen: Well in addition to have 3 sick kids, whom were not sleeping through the night, I am sick as well. I had a cold that just was hanging on. Last week I started running a fever. Something was up. So on Friday I went to the Dr. Yup, I was sick. I have a sinus infection and a throat infection. Yikes. So I am on Antibiotics. I feel about 10 times better than I did last week at this time, but still not 100% quite yet. Also this week I have been trying to volunteer at Jasmyn School to help with the decorations for the Book Fair. Also last September I volunteered to be "Party Mom" for Kaleb's Class Valentine's Party! Plus my regular duties of being Chairperson of Jasmyn's ECEAP Parents Group, that include overseeing 2 fundraisers, setting meeting agendas, and following up last months meeting minutes. I feel a little over committed, but I know after Friday that things will get easier. If I can just make it through Friday! LOL!

In other news... My nephew Future and his sister Clarity are being moved to a new foster home. Thankfully, the new foster home is my Mom's house!!!!! Yes we are very excited that Future and Clarity will be living with Mom. This will make the reunification process go so much smoother as the kids get back to living with their parents. Our whole family is just thrilled to have the kids so close to us and our kids are over the moon excited to be able to see Future and Clarity every week!

So I am so sorry to my readers that I have been neglecting my blog! We have been busy and it has been crazy! But I promise I will try to keep things hoppin on the blog as the year progresses!!!!!

No comments: