January 25, 2009

Mason is growing up!

Yes My baby is growing up! He is the ripe old age of 2 1/2 years old. He is assertive and opinionated and does not mind letting you know when something has not gone his way! (Kinda like his Mom!) He is really wanted his independence. He is into pushing boundaries and limits!

At our kitchen table he has been sitting in a booster seat. We put him in a booster seat about a year ago because he refused to sit in his high chair anymore. Well he is stretching his wings again..... He now refusing to sit in his booster seat. In fact I tried for a few days to just set his food at the booster seat and try to get him to just sit and eat. The booster seat is easier for me. He spills less, he is more contained, both of which are important things to me!

He doesn't care what is easiest for me. He is ready to move on. So instead of just sitting down where his plate is, he reaches up carefully (well as careful as a 2.5 year old can be) and picks up his plate. He walks it around to a regular chair, places his food on the table and goes back to the booster seat for the cup and silverware. Once his stuff is moved, he climbs into the regular chair and proceeds to eat his dinner! LOL!

So after doing that for about a week I figure he was SERIOUS about not wanting to use the booster seat anymore. So Tim took the booster off the chair and Mason helped him clean it up so it can be stored/donated/used for my daycare kids.

Here is a picture of them cleaning the booster seat!

Yup He is growing up! I can HARDLY WAIT until he decides he is done with diapers!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH I remember those days!