April 25, 2008

Megan

This week has been busy. I normally look at my day planner about twice a day during normal weeks, but this past week I just didn't. Maybe because it was buried under a few pounds of last weeks mail, newspapers and kid's art projects! Today when I was digging myself out of the mess I found my day planner. And so I wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything last week. I take one look and think... *Oh Crap*. I forgot.....



Megan's 33rd Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Girl! I hope your Birthday was fantastic!



And if I missed her birthday that means I also missed her wedding anniversary too! I want to say that Megan and Rodd are celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary this week as well. I *think* they got married in 1996. Happy Anniversary Megan & Rodd!!!!!
So I thought that for her birthday I would write.....

10 things I Know and Love about Megan!

* She loves to drive. I love to ride. This works out well on road trips. She likes to take the scenic route and savory the beauty along the way.

* She is amazingly talented in photography. She has a gift. Her "eye" for beauty is well trained. She captures the beauty of my children in her photography that I thought only their mother could see.

* She knows me in ways that NO other person on this earth does. She understands me to my core. And loves me in spite of it!

* She is compassionate, supportive, loyal, grounded, groovy, funny, and a straight talker. You never wonder where you stand with her. She keeps her relationships clean.

* She is an awesome wife. Her marriage to Rodd is a relationship that Tim and I look to for advice and to model. Their love, commitment and respect for one another is something we aspire to achieve in our relationship.

* She loves and respects her parents. She has such awesome relationships with her family and family-in-law. Even despite some challenging circumstances she stays true to her morals and her convictions to model the behavior she wishes to be treated with.

* She loves my children. All of them! She supports our decisions in family planning in ways no one else does. She relates to my family/pregnancy philosophy in ways that few can understand.

* She & I both hate to eat any type of food off a metal plate, but especially salad from panhandler pies. She hates raw onion and sugary soda. She eats organic and crazy stuff like flax seed, seaweed juice, and soy!

* She loves purses and shoes. And she loves lip gloss. She has extras stashed everywhere, like in her purse, car, pocket, desk, etc.

*I admire Megan in ways she doesn't even know. She is the kind of Wife, Daughter, Sister, Aunt and most importantly...Friend that I would like to be.

Happy Birthday Megan! May your dreams come true, your hopes be fulfilled and your faith in God be strong! I love you!
(photo is shamelessly "stolen" off Megan's website listed on the right. The only picture I have is one from 8th grade! I figured she would rather me steal her beautiful self portrait than use a photo of when she was 13 and had 1990's styled hair! LOL)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks so much for the birthday and anniversary wishes!! I am touched beyond words by your "10 things". I didn't realize you knew about my lipgloss fetish! :) You know me well and love me inspite of my eccentricities! You have been a true friend to me in good times and hard times. We have shared countless hours of laughter and tears. You are a blessing in my life and I thank God for you.
Thank you for being a true friend.
I love ya!
MO
PS. Have you made that Dr. appt yet?
PPS. Thank you for not exploiting that horrifying 8th grade hair-do! (or hair-don't!) :)