April 3, 2008

My Girls ROCK!

In the last few days I have been under some stress and have been trying so hard to make the right decision for my family and my extended family as a whole. I have looked at this situation in all kinds of different ways and tried to play out in my mind what the possible outcomes could be if I made 1 decision or another. Ugh. What a mess.

During this trying time I have called upon my friends and my family to assist me or offer support. A few of my friends and family have answered the call but 2 people have stood out as OUTSTANDING in their love and support of me and my family.

The first person is Kathy. Kathy is my aunt that lives in Oberlin, OH and my daughter Jasmyn's (Kathleen) namesake. And the second person is my best friend of 26 years, Megan. Megan lives in Bonners Ferry, ID with her husband Rodd. Both of these strong women in my life have been the reason I remained sane, grounded and optimistic during this trying time. Without the support, love and kindness they offer I would be lost.

Kathy is a healer. She heals with her insight and her intuition. She is open and welcomes the divine to lead her in ways of healing herself and others. I fortunately have been on the receiving end of her healing more times than I can count. I am blessed and honored to be her niece and more importantly her friend. My life has been touched and influenced in ways that I can not express and possible are unaware of as of yet, by Kathy. I am forever grateful of our relationship and the love we share for one another.

Megan is incredible. She is honest and outspoken and knows me to my core. She tells me the truth even if the truth is hard to hear. She encourages me to be the best person I can be. She fills my heart and mind with such peace and grounding. She is by far the most truly Christian person I know. She allows God to lead her life with grace and purpose. She is inspirational to me and fills my heart with joy. She would give me the shirt off her back or the shoes off her feet. She would drive miles to be there to hold my hand and offer support to me. She is the truest friend I have ever had or hope to ever be. I am blessed and honored to know her and to be her friend.

When I think of all the hard situations I have faced I think back to how I made it through those hard times and struggles I realize that if it was not for the support of my friends and family I would be lost. I am a strong women when I have my girls standing beside me. I am a good mother when I have my girls to call for parenting advice. I am a loving wife when I have good examples to look at of what a marriage should be. And I am a loyal friend when I have such friends to be loyal to.

I am humbled and honored to have such wonderful people in my life that love me as much as I love you. And Megan & Kathy are just the beginning of the long line of women who helped make me the person who I am proud of. Proud of this person who I can look at fondly in the mirror while I brush my teeth!

Thank you ladies for being who you are and sharing your talents, creativity, strengths, weaknesses, support and hope with me. I know my words do not do justice for what I feel in my heart for all of you!

4 comments:

Megan said...

You totally brought tears to my eyes, Jen. You know I love you beyond what words can say. I'm honored to be your friend. We've shared such a journey in our lives, no? God has blessed me greatly with a friend like you. It's not often that someone can say, "My friend of 26 years". You are, in fact, the ONLY person I can say that about. I honestly believe that God put us together as friends for a reason. We keep each other grounded. :) I know things are tough right now, but know you are doing the things you must. Don't be discouraged by the trials. The only serve to make us stronger. That's what my dad always tells me..... "What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger!". I love you, love you, love you!!!! Chin up!
MO

Megan said...

You totally brought tears to my eyes, Jen. You know I love you beyond what words can say. I'm honored to be your friend. We've shared such a journey in our lives, no? God has blessed me greatly with a friend like you. It's not often that someone can say, "My friend of 26 years". You are, in fact, the ONLY person I can say that about. I honestly believe that God put us together as friends for a reason. We keep each other grounded. :) I know things are tough right now, but know you are doing the things you must. Don't be discouraged by the trials. The only serve to make us stronger. That's what my dad always tells me..... "What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger!". I love you, love you, love you!!!! Chin up!
MO

Unknown said...

What decisions have you been struggling with lately? I've just caught up with the last week and a half's worth of blog entries, so I'm kind of behind...This is STephanie by the way even though it shows up under othermark. Mark's the one that has the account. I'll have to ask him how to get as me...

Thinking of you...

Steph

Unknown said...

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much my daughter means to me lately...It is very special to have a son, too of course, but it sure is special having a daughter. That just made me think of her when you were saying stuff about the women in your life, Jen.

It's Stephanie again, by the way.