April 4, 2008

Survival with a little help from a friend!

My day today has been eventful in that Kaleb is still puking and Mason is still running a slight fever and feels yucky. Tim is down with a cold too. So survival is the name of the game for today. One of the survival techniques that I used today I learned from my friend Sara. She has created a disposable puke basket for her kids. She takes a small basket and lines it with a plastic grocery bag. Then she places a folded paper towel in the bottom and then adds another layer of plastic bag and another paper towel. You do a few layers of this. Then if child cannot make it to the bathroom then you can use the basket/bucket to puke into. The paper towel prevents splatter and spillage. Then when they are done you just pull that layer of bag out and throw it away. And you still have a clean -smell -free place to puke for the next time. Nothing to rinse/clean /launder for Mom. So it is a win-win situation! And for a Mom that has 4 kids that have the potential to all be puking at the same time I will take any tips I can get. Anyway today was the first time I have used Sara's method and it worked like a charm! Kaleb puked into the bucket in the middle of my living room with no spillage. I will sing the praises of Sara's puke bucket far and wide since it prevented me from having to steam clean my carpet and/or couch!

Thank you Sara for sharing with me your tricks and tips! It certainly saved my Butt today!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hurray for the puke bucket!!! Great idea! I'll share it with my sister who is working on her 5th child. I'm sure it will come in handy! :)
When I saw the title of this post I was a little concerned..... I was hoping your friend wasn't Jack Daniels! HA! :)
Hope everyone is on the mend soon!
Love ya,
MO

Jennifer said...

Well it things continue on this path, I may have to become reacquainted with my friend, Josa. Josa Cuevero! Jack & I never did get along well!

Anonymous said...

I knew about this sorry I never told ya it is a god send tho. I hope all is getting better there. This stuff last forever it feels like.