April 7, 2008

My husband is AWESOME!

So this past week I was sick. I had a fever and a horrible stuffed up nose and chest. I was MISERABLE. The kids were sick too. Tim came home from working Out of town and totally just stepped up and helped us all out. It turned out that he got to stay in town and work for a week or so too! So during the time I was sick Tim took the kids in the afternoons and let me take naps. He also cleaned and cooked and took care of me. He brought me juice and Kleenex and NyQuil! He also completely unexpectedly bought me roses!

Tim is Not a "bring home roses often" kind of guy. Now he usually (expect last year for some reason) remembers my birthday and Mother's day and Christmas. He does well remembering our anniversary(ies) and Valentine's day. But even on those day he usually chooses a gift I either want and have told him, or something I need. He is not big on romantic gestures. So for Tim to give me roses out of the blue, when I am sick and he KNOWS I am too sick to have sex..... well it was pretty cool!


So the above picture was my lame attempt at a close up of the flower. I guess I need to read Megan's blog (see link at bottom right) to get some pointers. LOL!

Thank you Tim for being a great husband and putting up with me and all the "stuff" that comes with me. I can't imagine my life without you, nor would I want to! I love you even though you don't do huge romantic gestures, don't like cooked broccoli and are still clinging to your youth (with both hands) by listening to hip hop/rap music! Thanks for the flowers. You make me smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well since i am biased and know he is awesome you are a VERY lucky gal to have him as he is VERY lucky to have you as well. You guys are both amazing people. I pray for the happiness you have together and it was awful sweet of him to get ya roses! Hope ya get feeling better fast!! HUGS~