August 2, 2008

David is home!

After being away for 3+ years he is finally home. It is an awesome feeling having him back home. This picture was taken at my Moms house in her pool area. I got to see him for a few hours today. I wish it could have been longer, but he has lots of people to see. Besides, he is here now so there will be opportunity to see him and hang out.
Here we are together. I can't even remember the last time we posed for a picture together. It has been years and years. He is taller than I remember! LOL! And we have the same forehead and chin. Thanks Dad for the forehead and Mom for the chin.

I am looking forward to getting to know him again. I need him as much as he needs me. I forgot that until I saw him today. The years he has been gone, not only these past years but the ones before when he was physically here but not mentally, well... we have been robbed of sibling hood. The man I saw today is the one whom I want to get to know again and support, love and respect again.

It is strange that when I was sitting there with him and looking into his eyes that I "saw" him when he looked back. I forgot how piercing his eyes are. How big his teeth and smile are. I see grey hair were once was pink or blond or whatever color he dyed it. I see familiarity but also like meeting someone for the first time. It was very strange.

I am sure that I will be posting more stuff about Dave as time moves forward. He will be a welcome face in my life and heart. I can hardly wait to share that with you all, but more excited to experience it for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow he looks good and yes he is tall. Good luck to him

Megan said...

What a blessing. It's so good to see him home with those who love him and need him. He looks fantastic and he has so much opportunity ahead. I pray for his continued healing and that of the family. God is faithful and I know that Dave can do this......