August 1, 2008

Mason Turns 2!

On July 19th Mason turned 2 years old. We celebrated the day after his birthday due to Tim's work schedule. But since Mason can't read a calendar yet.... it was no big deal to him when as long as we did it!
We started out the day with Blueberry Pancakes. This time the kids actually did eat them! After breakfast I finished decorating Mason's Birthday cake. Then we just hung out at home for a while and packed up a bag and the presents to head over to my Mom's house for his B-day Party. When we got there we opened up presents. He got a few things but the most mentionable are the Life Jacket and the Camp Chair. Both were needed for (all the kids needed them) our upcoming camp trip.

Big Smiles in his new Camp Chair!
They LOVE their new chairs!
Opening Presents and playing with his new puzzle

Next was Life Jackets for all.
After we gave them the life jackets we put on our swimsuits and went to Grandma pool to try them out. Mason doesn't really like his that much. Jasmyn LOVES hers and was swimming around the pool like a fish in no time. Kaleb was a bit more hesitant but got the hang of it pretty fast as well.
After swimming we came back upstairs and ate lunch. We had 2 of Mason's Favorites: Pizza and Cantaloupe. He wanted to sit in his new chair so we set him and Jasmyn up at the coffee table.
He REALLY likes Melon!
After Pizza and melon we had Cake. I decorated it using a Monkey from Mason's favorite book as a guide. I think it turned out very cute, even if my Mom wasn't sure what kind of animal was actually hanging from the tree. @@
I somehow forgot to grab the birthday candles off the counter at home when I packed our bag so I had to use some tea lights that Mom had handy. Good thing he is only turning 2!
We sang Happy Birthday to him and then he blew the candles out all by himself!!!!
Jasmyn & Kaleb were very proud of him for blowing them out!
Then we dished up cake. Kaleb likes the end pieces! More frosting!
Mason LOVES chocolate cake! He ate it by the fist fulls!

I can still remember the highly anticipated birth of Mason. I was overdue by 6 days and so sick of being pregnant. We were also planning our first home birth. It was a very highly anticipated birth. But once labor started and everyone arrived that was supposed to attend the birth it went very fast. Only 3 short painful hours until my little man was squirming in my arms instead of in my tummy. I feel as blessed today as I did the day he was born into that pool of water. He is such a sweet boy with such a great little personality. I am so proud to be his mommy.

Happy 2nd Birthday Mason Alexander. We love you!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Mason! We wanted to leave you a special message on your Mommy's blog so she could read it to you! You are sooooo cute with your bright smile and shining eyes! It looks like your birthday was lots of fun!

We love you~ Sierra, Keagan, Rowan, Sara and Gerry