May 21, 2008

Jasmyn & Scissors

Oh. My. Goodness. I just pushed "publish" on my last post about Jasmyn. I put the kids into the tub and gave them a bath. After their bath I usually comb out Jasmyn's hair. I am combing her hair and to my complete HORROR I see that some is missing. The conversation goes like this:

Me: Jasmyn did you cut your hair?
J: No.
Me: Jasmyn some of your hair is missing. Are you SURE you didn't cut your hair?
J: No. I didn't Mom.
Me: Jasmyn how did this hair come off?
J: Yes Mom I cut it.
Me: Why did you cut it?
J: I didn't know WHAT I was doing.
Me: Where is your hair?
J: Downstairs.
Me: Show me.

So we go down stairs and she has shoved the cut off locks in between the cushions of the couch downstairs. Here is what I found:

Thankfully her hair was pulled up in the front so she couldn't cut bangs for herself. But she cut the length off in the back. Here are some pictures.




The picture below shows that in one area the pieces of hair are only about 3-4 inches long. The rest of her hair is almost down to her waist when you pulled the curl out of it.

I feel absolutely sick about this. And it is partially my fault. I was napping with Mason while Tim was downstairs trying to work on his man room. She and Kaleb were in the rec room supposed to be watching a movie on Daddy's TV and she found a pair of scissors on the desk. The rec room is not a room they usually have access to without Adult supervision. But Tim was putting mud on some new drywall, and I was sleeping, so they had semi- unsupervised access. Tim was in the next room, but I guess hair cutting is quiet work! LOL!

She also cut Kaleb's sock and a pair of Kaleb's pants. Grrrrrrr.

So I guess that Jasmyn & I will have to get to the salon tomorrow to have it evened out. I am so sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is funny I remember when Mel cut Hanna hait on Hannas first Birthday! i was so upset we had to have Hannas head shaved to even it out she had a crew cut! All kids go thru the cut hair phase. Ashley cut her bangs clear off lol. It will get better!