May 16, 2008

Trying to take care of me.

After the past few months (who am I kidding, more like years) I have been running on empty. Fumes if you will. sleep deprivation, not eating right, not drinking enough water, not exercising, not having enough sex ( ;o) LOL! So in return my body has been screaming for me to SLOW DOWN get some rest and rejuvenate. I have been sick with colds, flu's, stomach bugs, throat infections, and sinus infections at least once a month since October of last year. I wash my hands all the time. I refuse to share food/eating utensils or drinks with kids, Tim or anyone else. I cough into my elbow. I use hand sanitizer at the supermarket all in an effort to not get the bug that is going around. But alas I am still sick.

Right now I have a MAJOR throat infection. Not strep, but a bacteria infection none the less. I am on ABX for it, but I am still miserable. Also the DR suspects a sinus infection just to throw another log onto the fire! LOL! And my menstrual cycle is all whacked out. Day 68 of my cycle and no Ovulation, no period and no pregnancy. Something is NOT right. (I have a Dr appt scheduled for next week) My body is screaming...... SLOW DOWN! REST! REPLENISH!

I am going to try very hard to keep my life as simple as possible over the summer. I will eat right. I will drink enough water. I will get enough rest. I will exercise more often. I will try to use yoga or meditation to reduce my stress load and feel more centered and grounded in my body mind and soul. Also I would like to HAVE FUN! Fun with my kids, friends, family. So if you are around and want to do something fun, invite me! I need some fun!

Does anyone have a good recommendation on a once a day multi vitamin that they take? Maybe something geared towards women of child bearing age?

Wish me luck!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there well the DR has me taking Once a day for women it is what I have taken since the blood transfusion after Hanna. It is a multi vitamin for women and I guess it works. Hope you can get some much needed rest!!

Megan said...

You'll enjoy yoga. When I was more disciplined Rodd and I did yoga several times a week. It was FANTASTIC! Don't get discouraged. It's not easy, but it's worth the effort.
Love ya!
MO