May 18, 2008

Step one to a healthy me....

Yes I have completed step 1. You may ask, what is step 1? Well that takes a confession and then an answer.

The confession: For the past month we have been battling sick bugs, hives, puking an the lot. Our appetites have been a bit off. Some nights I could not bear the thought of actually cooking, so we have lived off Mac N Cheese, chicken nuggets, microwavable corn dogs, PB & J and fast food. Occasionally when Tim was home or one of us made it to the store we would stock up on Milk, eggs, Go-gurts, Bananas, strawberries, grapes, and oranges. The kids would eat those things for snacks. But this way of eating is not good. This must end! LOL!

So the first step was to rid my Fridge of left over fast food, moldy left overs, and clean up the spills the kids made in getting snacks for themselves when I was too sick to get off the couch! I did it! Tonight I emptied the entire fridge, washed each shelf drawer and the inside walls of the fridge. Threw away anything questionable and did an inventory on what we still had in there that was edible after a month. It isn't much. LOL! I was surprised to find 2 bottles of wine, and 3 (yes, three, trace, 3) bricks of motzeralla cheese and pretty much everythying else was condiments! But....
STEP ONE IS COMPLETE!!!!!!
Now on to step 2... grocery shopping for fresh fruits, veggies and meats that do not have pig or chicken lips in the ingredients!

No comments: