May 21, 2008

Update from Dr Appt

My Dr Appointment was today. After a yucky pelvic exam and a short (less that 5 minutes) the dr said that for the first 6 months after weaning that a women's cycle can be crazy. She said that this is "normal" to have imbalances in the estrogen & progesterone levels after weaning. All my girl parts look fine. She did not want to draw any blood work at this point, despite my suggestions to do so. All she really wanted to do is induce a period. In order to do that she needs to make sure I am not pregnant. She did a pregnant test today and it was negative. She wants me to come back in 2 weeks and take another pregnancy test. In the 2 weeks we can only have protected sex to make sure conception is not possible (oh Joy, condoms! ) then after the neg pregnancy test in 2 weeks she will give a prescription of progesterone to take for 5 days. After the 5 days my body goes through the progesterone withdrawal I should start a period. (I will probably also get a migraine from the same progesterone withdrawal). The Dr. thinks that by just having a period that my cycle should "reset" and I should probably ovulate the next cycle. Who knows if that will actually work.

That is the plan anyway. We shall see what happens. I also have an appt with my Endocrinologist the first week of June. I think he will most likely do the blood draws I need. I will keep you all posted.

No comments: