June 22, 2008

The Circus! *updated with Pictures*

My friend Sara called me on Friday and invited our family to the Shrine Circus. It was on Saturday at the Fairgrounds in CDA. When we arrived Sara immediately spotted a cute little blond headed boy that she recognized as FUTURE! She pointed him out to me and I then saw his foster Mom Arlene along with his brother and sister and a few of Arlenes own kids. Future seemed a little shy in seeing us. I am sure it is confusing to see us now that he is back with Arlene. He did seem happy to see the kids as they were very happy to see Future.

Arlene and I decided to sit together so we could talk and I could see Future. We chatted a bit until the Circus began. Then we both were focused on the kids and making sure they had a good time. I did get some pictures of the kids, but they are on Sara's camera as my camera battery died. I will be getting the pictures from Sara in a few days and will be posting them here. Sara also got some cute ones of Future eating Cotton candy. He is so cute!

I also got to see Raife, Future's younger brother. Raife is doing very well. He is walking and moving around well. Arlene did say that he still has some problems with his neck. But from what I could see in the 2 or so hours that I was there, and Arlene agreed that he should be able to live a normal life. I am so happy for him. Arlene said "but for the grace of God" he is doing well.

Little Clarity is doing well too. She looks just like her Mother. Her hair is strawberry blond and she has the most beautiful blue eyes. A cute little round face and petite features. When we got ready to leave I told Arlene how great the kids looked and how great of a job she was doing. Arlene gave me a hug. When she stepped away, little Clarity held her arms out to me for a hug, too. She gives great hugs. She wrapped her little arms around my heck and hugged so tight. It was so touching that I started to cry.

It was the best Circus I have ever been too. And not because of the elephants or the acrobats.

I got the photos from Sara tonight so here they are in no particular order....

Rowan in the stroller then Keagan, Sierra and Jasmyn
Arlene and Raife. Looks like he is excited about something!
Jasmyn Katie and Mason. Katie is our new babysitter. We love her!
This is Raife. I love that he is standing in this picture. When he was born we weren't sure he would ever be able to...but for the grace of God!
Our little group Me with Mason on my lap
Rowan in the stroller and Kaleb next to him
Keagan, Sierra and Jasmyn
Keagan and Sierra
Future with blue mouth from eating Cotton Candy
Raife and Future
Future eating Cotton Candy
Clarity. Isn't she beautiful?!?! Even with Chocolate on her lip.
Rowan and Sierra eating licorice
Sierra
Future with Blue Face
Arlene with Clarity and Raife
Katie and Mason
Future with Cotton Candy

Arlene, Clarity and Future
Clarity and Future
Sierra, Jasmyn & I riding the ponies
Kaleb riding the pony
Sierra and Jasmyn on the ponies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is great to see the kids having a great time at the circuis

Anonymous said...

OMG the kids are so cute!! I am hoping we can make it up there soon for a visit!~

lighthouse said...

That was so awesome to see the story and the pictures of a fantastic looking day at the circus!!! I wish I could of been there, how fun!!!
Landa