June 6, 2008

PCOS Continued

So I went in this morning for my blood draw. I had to fast from last night at 8:30pm until this morning. It was OK. I just woke up and went to the lab for the draw. It was not a huge deal. The only thing that was kinda sucky was that they had to stick me twice. The nurse got the blood draw orders wrong, so they just drew the Thyroid panel not the rest of the blood work. It was a good thing I asked about all the extra tests because they did not catch the mistake, until I said something. I have now learned to double check the order BEFORE they stick you!

I am hoping that the results will be back by Monday so I have an answer one way or the other. I still haven't done much research yet on Metformin or a better diet. I think I may just have to buy a book or something on that. I am hoping that I already eat healthy enough that I may just have to chance a few things like cutting out soda/sugar, switching to whole grains exclusively and probably changing the combinations of foods I eat (ie. always eating a protein with a carb, etc). Oh and eating smaller meals more frequently. If anyone has a book they could recommend.... I would love that!

As always I will keep you posted!!!!!!

No comments: