June 5, 2008

Tim hates my hair

Sob sob sob sob sob...........*sigh*


So yesterday I really needed a pick me up. I have needed a haircut for a while since my hair was really damaged at the ends. And since Jasmyn & Mason had such a great experience with Kristie I called her to see if she had time for a cut and color. She did! Yay!


When I arrived at the salon I was early so I looked at some books trying to find some inspiration. I fond none. LOL! When I sat in Kristie's chair I told her to make me beautiful with a style that is not very high maintenance, but to keep the length because Tim hates short hair. She did exactly what I asked for!!! She gave me a cute cut, an AWESOME color and styled it in a way that I cold replicate. Fabulous!


So after I left the salon I went to Sara and picked her up and we headed to the LeAnn Rimes concert! The concert was AWESOME. LeAnn Rimes is AWESOME. I took a few pictures of my hair at the concert which are below. I think it is cute. You be the judge.


Anyway, so I woke up this morning. Late. My throat hurts from screaming at the concert and from breathing the smoke. Tim gets up and starts making breakfast. I go into the bathroom and wash my face and brush my new hair. I come out into the kitchen. I sit for a while. I talk to Tim. I hang out with the kids.... waiting for Tim to say something about my hair. He looks at me several times. I know he noticed. Frustrated ...I say "so you either didn't notice my hair or you hate it". He says, "I hate the way it is styled". So we get into an argument and he asks me, "Did you do that to your hair just to spite me?" What the heck is he talking about?!?!?!? So then he reminds me a haircut I did about 100 years ago that I did because he made me mad. I cut my hair really short. Partially because I knew he would hate it and I was stating my independence that he could not "rule me" and the other (more major)part because it was 100 degrees outside, I was working as a maid in non A/C rooms and I was roasting my ass off. Oh I was 19 years old at the time. Give me a break Tim......I would think that 14 years and 3 kids later I would have more respect for myself than to do anything semi permanent to my HAIR just to spite him. The last straw and at the point that I stopped speaking to him was when he said, "You look like you stepped off the set of some 1950's movie with those swoopy bangs". What an ass.
Here is the front. I actually didn't do too much different. Kristie did cut some little side sweeping bangs, and she put lots of layers in it, and the color she did was to cover the grey. I actually like it alot.

This is the back. it still sweeps my shoulders and is long enough that, by Tim's standards, "I look like a girl". The color looks great too.


So what do you think? Cute? 1950's-ish?

Or should I just tell Tim that when he starts getting up in the morning to style my hair he can choose how I cut it?!?!?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Vanessa had this to say in an email she sent me:

You tell Tim he's a butthole and leave it at that. Your hair is totally cute. And what's worse - a wife with a hairstyle that you don't love (which will be totally different in a month anyway), or a wife who's grumpy because she's in need of a pick-me-up but is too afraid her husband won't like it?

I say you break down and cry about it in front of him, how you're sorry he doesn't like it and you just wanted to feel pretty again and you're depressed about the fact that you don't get to spend as much quality time with him as you want and some days you just feel like you're invisible.

Guilt that man into the ground. Get some flowers out of it, maybe a foot rub, maybe some sex where he actually does all the work.

Either I'm a brilliant mastermind, or this kind of thinking is the reason my marriage failed. You decide.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I love your hair. I think you needed that TLC and it is importatn to feel pretty when all the world around you is in chaos. You have been thru some very stressfull situations and I think you deserved this and much more. gee, ask Mason and kaleb if they like it and go with what the younger men in your life says. mason loves to say "teah"
Love,
You Mom and friend

Anonymous said...

it's still long, just a style issue for him, and that's his problem.
-Sarah P.

Anonymous said...

well my brother tends to be a ass at times like all men Ryan did the same thing when I cut my hair. Piss on them its your hair and must I say It looks GREAT!! Love it!! Forget about him not liking it its on your head lol. I love it! you look great don't forget that!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Well my opinion on hair is that you do what matters to YOU---what makes YOU feel good!! I think it's a really cute cut and your hair looks really healthy and Tim can GO POUND SALT!!!!!You deserved to do something nice for you and I say if all your girlfriends think it's cute and looks nice, then we are all the better judge. Ger has never convinced me to do with my hair what he's wanted all these years--the very short "guy" look........eeeew! He'll just have to get over it.